|Complete Application Due*
(Common Application, support materials, and $75 application fee.)
|November 15, 2016
||January 15, 2017|
|Academic Scholarship and Fellowship Applications Due*
||January 15, 2017
||January 15, 2017|
|Admission Decisions Sent
||December 15, 2016
||April 1, 2017|
|Candidate Reply Date*
||Two weeks from date of admission decision and financial assistance notification
||May 1, 2017|
Washington University accepts either the Common Application or the Coalition Application and requires no supplemental essays. The Common Application may be submitted electronically at www.commonapp.org. The Coalition Application may be submitted electronically at www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org.
- You may pay by credit card when you submit the your application for admission.
- Please do not send cash.
Instructions for establishing a WashU Pathway account will be sent to the email address you provide in your application.
The WashU Pathway is our online application management system. Using the WashU Pathway, you can:
- See what pieces of your application we have on file.
- Submit electronic applications for our University Scholars Program in Medicine and Academic Scholarship & Fellowship Programs.
- Check the status of your application for financial aid.
In addition to the application forms and essay, you must submit the following supporting materials by their deadlines:
Early Decision Deadline: November 15, 2016
Regular Decision Deadline: January 15, 2017
- School report and official transcript (submitted by High School Counselor)
- Teacher evaluation(s)
- SAT or ACT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS (for students whose first language is not English).
- A portfolio is required for students applying to the College of Art. Portfolios are strongly encouraged for students applying to the College of Architecture. For details, visit the Portfolio Guidelines page.
The Midyear Report is an important component of our evaluation process. Your counselor should mail us this form and an updated transcript as soon as possible after January 1, 2017.
If you are applying early decision, you must submit your first marking period grades in order to complete your application.
If you wish to be considered for need-based financial aid based, you must submit separate applications. Please visit the Financial Aid for Freshmen page for more information.
If you wish to be considered for merit-based scholarships, you must submit separate applications. Please visit the Academic Scholarship and Fellowship Programs page for deadlines and more information.
Admitted applicants who enroll at WashU will be required to submit the Common Application 2016-2017 Final Report, which includes the official final transcript. The form is available at www.commonapp.org.