|Common Application due*
(Complete application includes support materials and application fee.)
|March 15, 2014|
|Admission decisions sent
||Approximately 6 weeks after the application is complete|
(after February 1, 2014)
|Candidate reply date*
||By date indicated in the offer of admission|
Submit the Common Application
- Washington University accepts the Common Application and requires a few simple supplemental questions (no supplemental essay).
- The Common Application may be submitted online via www.commonapp.org.
Submit the required $75 application fee.
- You may pay by credit card when you submit the Common Application.
- If you must send a check, please make checks payable to Washington University and note the applicant’s name on the check.
- Please do not send cash.
Log in to the WUSTL Pathway to check your progress.
Instructions for establishing a WUSTL Pathway account will be sent to the email address you provide in your application.
The WUSTL Pathway is our online application management system. Using the Pathway, you can:
- See what pieces of your application we have on file
- Verify your application data
- Check the status of your application for financial aid
The WUSTL Pathway is the only source of accurate information regarding the status of your application to Washington University; we expect applicants to check it regularly.
Submit support materials.
In addition to the application forms and essay, you must submit the following supporting materials by their deadlines:
- School report and official transcript from each college you have attended.
- Teacher evaluation(s)
- SAT or ACT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS (for students whose first language is not English. See our English Testing Requirements page for more information.)
- A portfolio is required for students applying to the College of Art or the College of Architecture. For details, please visit the Portfolio Guidelines page.
Submit the Mid-Semester Progress Report.
If you are in your first year of college, you must present at least one completed semester of full-time college work with your application for transfer admission or submit a completed Mid-Semester Progress Report.
Apply for Financial Aid.
If you wish to be considered for financial aid based on need, you must submit separate applications. For more information please visit the Financial Aid for Transfer Students page.
Apply for Academic Scholarships.
If you wish to be considered for merit-based scholarships, please visit the Scholarships for Transfer Students page for deadlines and more information.