STL members are the student representatives of WashU for all of our visiting students and families.
Members of STL have an extremely important role in ensuring our visitors have a positive experience visiting campus! That campus visit often becomes a primary factor in a student's decision to apply to - and eventually enroll in - a particular university. By giving tours, members of STL show our visitors around the campus, talk about their experience at WashU (everything from classes to student life), and answer questions about WashU student experiences.
Who can apply?
- Any current WashU student!
How do I apply?
- Information sessions were held in January for interested students. If you missed them, don’t worry! Email STL.WashU@gmail.com if you have any questions about the application or interview processes.
- The application to join STL can be found here. Applications are due February 8, 2019, at 11:59 pm.
- First-round interviews will take place February 27 and 28. Invitations will be sent on February 19.
- If you have any other questions please contact the STL Exec Team at STL.WashU@gmail.com.
How much time is required?
- All tour guides are assigned one tour time per week (approximately 1-1.5 hours) per week, depending on your class schedule.
- All members are also expected to attend group meetings twice a month (for one hour each).