Washington University is committed to helping talented students who show exceptional academic performance and outstanding promise. The Academic Scholarship and Fellowship Programs offer financial assistance based primarily on academic achievement. These scholarships and fellowships are awarded through special competitions.
Our five undergraduate divisions—the College of Arts & Sciences, College of Architecture, College of Art, Olin Business School, and School of Engineering & Applied Science—sponsor scholarships and fellowships for exceptional students. These awards range from annual awards of $3,000 to half-tuition scholarships to full-tuition scholarships ($48,950 in academic year 2016-17) with annual stipends. Each involves expectations that the students selected will participate actively in shaping the academic and campus communities of which they become a part.
Students can apply for the academic scholarships and fellowships that match their academic and extracurricular achievements. These interests should be indicated on their application for admission to the Class of 2021. Students may also apply for need-based financial assistance.
To be considered for an academic scholarship or fellowship, you must:
- Apply for undergraduate admission by submitting a
Common Application or
Coalition Application for admission to the Washington University Class of 2021.
- A separate application for each scholarship or fellowship program. If you wish to apply online, you must first submit your application for admission to gain access to the WashU Pathway.
Your WashU Pathway account will be active one to two business days after you submit your application for admission. You may apply online using the links available when you log in to the WashU Pathway. If you prefer, you may also submit applications by mail.
- You may apply for the school-specific scholarship and fellowship program(s) that match your academic interest as indicated on your application for admission. You may apply for any of the university-wide scholarships that match your extracurricular interests.
- Some scholarship and fellowship programs have additional requirements. Please review the program page for instructions. Unless otherwise indicated, we use the teacher and counselor recommendations from your application for admission.
must be received by 5:00 p.m. Central Time on January 15, 2017. The online application will not be available after that time.
- Students who apply under Washington University's binding Early Decision plan may apply for any scholarship matching their academic and extracurricular achievements. Academic scholarships, however, are not awarded until after the early decision commitment date.
More Scholarship Opportunities