Dear Colleague –
As spring begins to officially bloom here in St. Louis, we find ourselves excited and grateful to be back on our beautiful campus after spending the better part of two years working remotely. While we were happy to offer so many great opportunities virtually to both students and counselors, there’s nothing quite like buzz of life on campus!
As you continue to think about what your students might need—whether admitted to WashU or in the process of making a college list—we want to provide some resources that will help to answer hot-topic questions. And don’t worry, we’ve added some counselor-specific resources as well.
For your seniors
- You can view your students’ admissions decisions on Slate.org.
- All admitted student events (on-campus and virtual) are posted in the Admitted Student Portal on their WashU Pathway.
- Admitted students have until May 2 to submit their Acceptance Form & Enrollment Deposit (if applicable) via the WashU Pathway.
- Are you getting questions from students who have been offered a spot on our wait list? Wondering what to do next? Check out (and feel free to share) our blog post “What is a wait list?”, written by one of our admission officers.
For your juniors and sophomores
- We have extended our test-optional policy for all fall 2023 and fall 2024 applicants.
- WashU no longer considers demonstrated interest as a factor in making admission decisions or in the admission decision process.
- Our campus is open to visitors! We are currently hosting WashU Walk-Through, which includes a self-guided tour of campus using our WashU Visits app. Our summer calendar will be posted in early May on our Visit & Engage with Us page. We are planning to bring back our student-led campus tours for our summer WashU Walk-Through visit. As we continue our commitment to the safety and well-being of our community and our visitors, our policies for on-campus activities will evolve to meet public health and safety guidelines.
- We also continue to offer virtual visit opportunities that students can explore from the comfort of their couch—admissions information sessions, student-led virtual tours, and more.
- If you have questions about our visit options, please contact us via email.
We are hosting our Counselor Coffee Chat series again this spring! Use the links below to register. We will be sending out a Starbucks gift card to any counselor who attends a Coffee Chat program and fills out a short survey.
Why WashU? A Student Panel
Thursday, April 21 @ 3:00 p.m. CT
Beyond the Classroom at WashU
Tuesday, April 26 @ 3:00 p.m. CT
We value your partnership and our shared philosophy to put students first in all we do. Please know that we see and appreciate all you do for your students each and every day.