With more than 90 fields of study and 1,500 courses each year, you can ﬁnd a top-notch program in our undergraduate curriculum. As you decide on a major and plan your courses, you’ll ﬁnd that we’re accommodating and ﬂexible. Within each major, we offer multiple course options.
From your ﬁrst days, you are connected with an academic advisor. Your advisor will:
- Help you sort through the options to build a successful academic plan that takes you where you want to go.
- Work with you on the broad issues of academic planning.
- Advise you on semester-by-semester details of course selection.
You can also turn to fellow students known as
Washington University Student Associates (WUSAs). These upper class leaders can answer questions about academic deadlines and policies, the resources available, and making the transition to college.
Many students wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in preparation for professional school. Your advisor can help you design a program that will prepare you for whatever career path you might choose.
Pre-professional advising is available for the following areas of study:
- Medicine, Dental, and Veterinary Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Audiology and Communication Sciences