Directions to Danforth Campus
When you arrive at Danforth Campus please check in with us:
Gary M. Sumers Welcome Center
Washington University in St. Louis
1 Wrighton Way
St. Louis, MO 63105
Please note: There are two buildings on our campus with the Sumers name on opposite ends of the campus. The Welcome Center is located on the east end of campus at 1 Wrighton Way, St. Louis, MO 63105; you can use this address for your GPS. The Sumers Recreation Center is located on the west end of campus, and while they would love to see you, your visit activities will begin in the Welcome Center.
If you are driving to campus, you will park in the East End Parking Garage that is located directly under the Gary M. Sumers Welcome Center on 1 Wrighton Way. Please park in visitor parking on Level 1 (P1). You will need to pull a parking ticket at the garage and hold on to the ticket. Once you check in at the welcome center we will give you a validation ticket. You will need both the original ticket and validation ticket to avoid a fee when you exit the parking garage.
Please Note: There will be no cost to park in any visitor space on campus after 5:00 p.m. or on weekends; however, visitors will still be required to pull a ticket.
For more information, visit
Directions to the Danforth Campus From Lambert-St. Louis International Airport:
Via Metrolink Train
For $3.50, you can take the MetroLink light rail system from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to the Danforth Campus.
- Board the train at either the Lambert Airport Main Station or the Lambert Airport East Station (trains leaving the airport travel in only one direction).
- Exit the train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station.
- Cross the platform and wait for the next westbound train going to Shrewsbury I-44.
- Board that train and take it one stop to the Skinker Station.
- This station is at the intersection of Skinker Boulevard and Forest Park Parkway.
- Exit the train and take the steps or elevator up one flight, then take the underground bridge across the tracks.
- Walk up the ramp, then take the steps or ramp to ground level.
- A 24-hour taxi service is located directly across from baggage claim. Cab fare is $25-$30 each way.