Student Acknowledgement, Consent, and Release Form
We are pleased that you have chosen to visit Washington University as part of our WashU Welcome Program (“Program”). We hope the experience will be valuable to you engage with our collaborative community and meet fellow #WashU26 members.
WashU Welcome is an opportunity for admitted students and up to three guests (parent, guardian, or other adult college decision making participant) to explore campus and connect with our community.
Pre-registration is required and space is limited.
Please read the following information carefully. It explains what you can expect from your WashU Welcome visit and what we expect of you while you are on campus.
Your WashU Welcome Visit includes:
- An admitted student session & student-led campus tour
- Opportunity to see a ResLife display room. (Note: this is not a real residence hall room. For the safety of our community and our visitors, it is not possible to enter the residence halls.)
- Opportunity to see dining facilities, libraries, the bookstore, and more.
Before and during your WashU Welcome visit, please complete the following:
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to campus.
- Be sure to wear your provided lanyard (student) and sticker (guests) to identify yourself as admissions visitors.
- Arrive on time for check-in.
- Be responsible for yourself and act in a manner that complies with all University policies, as well as federal, state, and local laws. As an admitted student, like enrolled students, you are held to the standards of conduct set forth in our University Student Conduct Code, which can be found at wustl.edu/policies. The Washington University campuses are tobacco free. Face masks, physical distancing, and proper hygiene are required of students and guests participating in this program. Failure to act in a compliant manner will result in the cancellation of your visit opportunity and the likelihood of your offer of admissions being rescinded.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (800) 638-0700 or (314) 935-6000, or by email at email@example.com.
Student Acknowledgement, Consent, and Release Form
I have carefully read and understand the WashU Welcome Program (the “Program”) Rules and Expectations and agree to abide by them in consideration of my Program visit.
I understand that I am a visitor to the University, and I am expected to exercise good judgment and act in a respectful, responsible manner when choosing whether to participate in the activities that are available to me. I understand that University staff and student volunteers will not supervise me during my Program visit and that I am fully responsible for my conduct during the Program visit. I acknowledge and understand that I am expected to follow all University policies, including the Program Rules and Expectations and the University Student Conduct Code, as well as all federal, state, and local laws. I understand that failure to do so may result in immediate dismissal from the Program, denial or withdrawal of any offer of admission, disciplinary action, and high school notification.
In consideration of my participation and on behalf of myself and my family, heirs, and personal representative(s), I agree to assume all the risks and responsibilities surrounding my participation in the Program and, in advance, release, waive, forever discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless and covenant not to sue the University, its governing board, directors and officers, agents and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), from and against any and all liability for any harm, damage, claim, demand, cause of action, cost, or expense of any nature that I may have or that may hereafter accrue, on account of any loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by me or any other person/entity during, arising out of, or in connection with, my participation in the Program. This waiver does not pertain to incidents involving gross negligence or willful misconduct by the University and/or its agents.
I also give permission to Releasees to authorize medical treatment for me, including emergency medical transportation, which may be required for injuries sustained by me. I understand and agree that if I must be hospitalized or otherwise receive medical care, the University cannot and does not assume legal responsibility for payment of such costs. I understand that I am responsible for any medical costs incurred as a result of any personal illness or injury, even if a Releasee has signed hospital documentation promising to pay for the treatment.
I warrant that I have read and am voluntarily signing this Release; and that this Release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri. If any term provision of this Release shall be held unenforceable, illegal, or in conflict with any governing law, the validity of the remaining portions shall not otherwise be affected.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LEGAL RIGHTS.
READ IT AND BE CERTAIN YOU UNDERSTAND IT BEFORE SIGNING.