Elizabeth Gray Danforth Scholarship
Each year, the WashU Women’s Society sponsors a small number of two-year, full-tuition scholarships for students transferring from the St. Louis Community College system. Elizabeth Gray Danforth scholars will also receive an Ida H. Early Start-up Grant which will provide a one-time grant up to $2,000 for indirect educational expenses such as housing supplies, books, and other expenses to assist with their transition as a first-year student at Washington University.
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you meet the below criteria:
- Submit a complete application for transfer admission as a full-time student to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the application deadline.
- Have a record of high academic achievement
- Be in the process of completing 60 transferable credit hours from one of the St. Louis Community College branches
In late March or early April of each year, we will interview finalists and also consider the following:
- Level of commitment to academic achievement
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Clarity of goals—short- and long-term
- Potential for leadership
- Dedication to community service