Conway/Proetz Scholarships in Art
- One full-tuition scholarship and up to five $6,000 scholarships
- Renewable annually, as long as the scholar is making satisfactory progress toward a degree.
The Fred Conway or the Esther & Arthur Proetz Scholarship recognizes superior artistic and academic performance. Washington University’s College of Art offers the Conway Scholarship or Proetz Scholarship, in alternate years, to an entering first-year student.
Each College of Art applicant who submits a digital portfolio containing 10-20 pieces will be considered. No separate scholarship application is required.
On-Campus Interviews for Finalists
Finalists are notified in mid-February and invited to campus for our Scholarship Weekend. The university will pay for finalists’ round-trip expenses within the United States and their expenses in St. Louis during this visit. To remain eligible, finalists must attend these activities. Each committee prepares special activities and events that allow them to get to know the finalists and that allow the finalists to interact with our current scholars, faculty, staff, and each other.
To apply for the Conway/Proetz Scholarships in Art:
- On your application for admission to the Class of 2025, select a major in the College of Art.
- Submit a digital portfolio, consisting of 10-20 pieces of recent work, which may include drawings, two- and three- dimensional pieces, or photographs.
- All applications must be submitted by January 2, 2021.