- Scholars demonstrate strong academic interest in at least two subjects located in more than one of the three major areas of Arts & Sciences (Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences).
- Up to 16 full-tuition scholarships with $1,000 stipends
- Scholars will receive priority consideration for Ampersand Programs in their first year. However, placement cannot be guaranteed for every program.
- Renewable annually, as long as the scholar is making satisfactory progress toward a degree.
- Selected based on their application for admission—no separate application required.
The committee will pay particular attention to the question “What are you interested in studying at college and why?” on application for admission, looking for evidence of substantial interest in subjects belonging to at least two of the traditional categories of inquiry in Arts & Sciences (Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences.)
Each College of Arts & Sciences applicant will be considered. No separate scholarship application is required. Ampersand Scholars are notified by the end of February.
- Select the College of Arts & Sciences as the Academic Division on your application for admission to the Class of 2027.
All applications must be submitted by January 4, 2023.
Nemerov Writing Scholars Program
Love to write? Students who apply to the College of Arts & Sciences may apply for the Nemerov Writing Scholars Program. The Howard Nemerov Writing Scholarships are designed for students with a true dedication to writing and exceptional writing talent.